Welcome to the Elections and Democracy Lab – Laboratoire sur les Élections et la Démocratie (LED), housed in the department of Political Science and Economics at Royal Military College of Canada. Our mission is to conduct research that contributes to strengthening elections and building democratic resiliency, both here in Canada and around the world. Lab Members include undergraduate and graduate thesis and directed studies students, as well as research assistants. We engage in research, student training and community outreach.
2019-2020 Academic Year Lab Members
- Holly Ann Garnett, Assistant Professor & Lab Director, Royal Military College of Canada & Queen’s University
- Aimee McCurdy, Undergraduate Honours Student, Queen’s University
- Desmond Barton, Undergraduate Student, Queen’s University
- Jean-Nicolas Bordeleau, Undergraduate Student & Officer Cadet, Royal Military College of Canada
- Madison MacGregor, Undergraduate Student, McGill University
- Mark Keir, Undergraduate Honours Student & Officer Cadet, Royal Military College of Canada
- Owen Saunders, Undergraduate Honours Student, Queen’s University
- Patricia Mockler, PhD Candidate, Queen’s University
- Sean Grogan, PhD Candidate, Polytechnique Montreal
Activities and Events
Lab Members Holly Ann Garnett, Patricia Mockler and Jean-Nicolas Bordeleau presented papers at the 2019 pre-APSA “Securing Elections” Workshop in Crystal City, VA in August, co-chaired by Dr. Garnett.
See more details here: