My research focuses on how electoral integrity can be strengthened throughout the electoral cycle, with a specific focus on:
- Election Management Bodies – How can the government agencies and departments tasked with the technical administration of elections be strengthened?
- Registration & Voting – How can registration and voting rates be improved, especially for under-represented population groups?
- Election Technology – What are the impacts of new election technologies on security, accuracy, accessibility and public trust?
- Civic Literacy – How can election administrators, the media and academics best provide civic education on difficult political questions?
- Campaign Finance – Who donates to political campaigns? Which candidates receive funding? And how does this impact democratic elections?
Please see ‘Publications’ for recent papers and presentations on these topics.